Sunday, January 30, 2011

No rooms available and my first new friend

So we get to our new base and are in lodging and our first night there we are so tired that we take showers and pass out. I have an appointment with my realtor early next morning. So we get up go to our appointment and get things all tidied up with what I am looking for and all things entailed when looking for/buying a new house. So that gets taken care of and we get back to our room and thats when I start to notice.... this billeting room... is... DISGUSTING!!!!! OMG!!!! There are USED feminine products in the trash can and half the light bulbs are blown out. So I call the front desk and make a complaint, I am told I cant be moved until the next day, thats fine, oh yea they only have me on the books for the standard 10 days and tell me there is no more empty rooms/days. So we move and do our house hunting and narrow down the choices... Well Lodging tells me to check back every day to see if a room opens up, all the while I have to find somewhere to live till I pick a house and then close on it. So I check back every day and I am told that there is still no room. While we are coming up on Christmas and it's starting to look like we will end up being homeless. I finally find a Corp Apart Company that can get me into an apart but I need an extra 2 days in lodging. So I keep my fingers crossed. I keep asking. No openings. Cant change date to move in. 2 days till my time is up, still no rooms are open. I go back by the Corp place and they agree to let me move in early. WHEW!!! So now I'm just gonna be homeless for a few hours. I pack up the car with all the animals and the girl and we have to ck. out by 11 and cant go to the apart till 4. 6 hrs of a packed car and limited options of where we can go. We drive around for a few hours running errands, get lunch and then take poor dumb dog to a dog park so he can run around. We get to the park and a lady and her kids and animals are just leaving so we have the place all to our self. It's a nice sunny day so no problem sitting outside for a while. Well, the lady that left earlier comes back but the park is sectioned off and she takes a different section. Well, dumb dog decides he needs to say hello and the other dog isn't happy about it. So girl and I make our way over to possibly leave when I start talking to mom and our girls start playing and get along great... we exchange numbers and look forward to future play dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment