Sunday, January 30, 2011

Leave it behind, or carry forward?

So when I got my orders I decided to drive from the West coast to my new base on the East coast. 2,800 miles away... just me, the girl, our dog and our 2 cats. What the hell was I thinking?! Lol, well it turned out to be not so bad, the girl did great had her dsi and movies and well of course there's the sleeping, lol. I broke up the 7 day trip by staying with some friends that were generous enough to put us up along the way. I have some pretty funny stories from that trip and a few funny pics. I had a lot of time to think about some things. I had a couple friends that really burned me, truly broke my heart, and one of them I let so repeatedly and well I'm not really sure why. So in this new year I guess I will be really truly looking at if I need to let either one of these people stay in my life. I know I shouldn't take long to think about it. but after the drive and another week or so I was pretty set on once I got my internet there would be some people that I would delete from my facebook and cell phone and move on. Now I wonder what is holding me back. Why haven't I deleted them? I know now that I am gone I will most likely NOT ever hear from either one of them again. I mean I have friends that it has been a while since I have talked to them, they could call me right now and we would talk for hours, hang up the pone sign off the internet and maybe go another few mths before I heard from them. But none of them have ever broken my heart. So I guess in that is my answer huh, so why haven't I deleted them completely from my life?

2 comments:

  1. So i did it, i deleted the people that i don't talk to anymore and a few that i just needed to get rid of. I realized i missed a few but i will take care of them later. I feel better about some of it but unfortunately i still have to contact people that owe me money. People i trust with a loan and then to take care of some personnel issues. Turns out i can't trust them at all will most likely have to result to legal actions. i find that unfortunate. oh well like i said, they are not people i need to have in my life. Some people are just poison and in order to get rid of the poison, you gotta draw it out or remove the source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting go of friends that were using you and feeding off of you is always harder than it should be but it is so cleansing. Good for you getting past that strange guilt feeling that was forcing you to keep them around.

    ReplyDelete