Sunday, January 30, 2011

Introducing.....me

 So, a little bit about me; while I will share a lot of personnel stories that may reveal a lot about me I will only tell you the basics of my background, mainly because like a friend of mine said, "if you start a blog, your gonna need to change names of people to protect the innocent/guilty" lol. I think I have to agree, so with that here I am,  I am a 30 yr. old single mom in the military. I love my job...  Ok no wait...  I actually hate the job I am currently in, no that is a lie too, I USSSED to hate my new career field I'll get into that later, but I love being in the military. Growing up I never really knew what I wanted to do, what job would I be happy doing, what am I passionate about? Then the ROTC came to my high school and during the first semester I was in the ROTC, I knew... this is where I belong. While the path didn't follow what I had planned in HS, I'm glad I came in when I did, I dropped out of College and ran away to the military. The FIRST (yes FIRST) job I had, I was a mechanic on cargo planes. Now to show you a little bit more of my mentality, not many females can make it in what I like to call the top 3 mech. careers. Crew Chiefs, Engines, and hydro. For cargo planes, those 3 career fields are like the jocks in high school. Loud, obnoxious, foul, and just a bunch of ass holes, lol. Well, I was in that crowd and I cant really brag and say I was an amazing mechanic or anything, but I could hold my own and wasn't afraid of getting dirty, working hard, carrying a heavy tool box. I was learned by the crusty old guy that smoked a few packs of marlboro reds a day and drank too much when he got home. Foul language, perverted minds and makin airplanes fly... it was amazing! I loved every single second of it, even when I was getting my ass handed to me, either by the airplane or the pro supers. Everyone else was a "non-er"; lame, stupid, boring and should be ashamed of themselves for not being a mechanic. Then, it was all brought to an untimely end. i was medically disqualified from my job and sentenced to a life behind a desk.  I was to become "one of those, those... non-ers" ugghh how disgusting! At this point I was 7.5 yrs. into my military career. While being a mechanic will wear you down and beat you up, I couldn't bear the thought of doing anything but. Well, I did my research and found a few jobs that I thought I might like and applied. Well, here I am, I sit behind a desk, and have been for almost 5 yrs. now. I worked in a Logistics Squadron for about 2 yrs., deployed came back and was moved out to a separate location in the SQ and then finally traded to a Rescue Group. Life finally started getting better when I left the Logistics SQ. The deployment wasn't easy but I made it through, my daughter lived with my parents for a year due to school, (where I lived wouldn't let her transfer because her bday was 1 day after the cut off, even though she was in school already). Then I met a man that was absolutely amazing. We became very close very quick, he inspired me in every way. I was pouring myself into work but he made me step back and find other things to move me. I rode my motorcycle more, volunteered more, kept up my work out from when I was deployed. I felt I had met my kindred spirit, we got a lot of flack of course, cause "guys and girls cant be just friends, something has to be going on," whatever, get over yourself people. He was (is) married and we still keep in touch whenever. Anyway, I got a break and my best friend called me to see if I wanted to move to her position in Rescue, uhhh " HELL YEA!" so I spent a year and a half there. I work hard. I have little to no social life, lol. Then I moved from one base house to another and met some of the most amazing people I could ever meet. The entire street, it was like going back in time to when I was a kid or when my parents were kids. All the kids played together, mom's and wives were friends and talked out in the street, worked out together, swapped recipes, you name it. And the husbands and dad's all talked, granted it was only really one side of the street but it mine as well have only been our 6 families and then the 6-7 other families that didn't live that that we considered part of our family. Now this is probably the only REAL name I will use, but we call ourselves "The Landis Family". lol It's the name of our street and well I love every single one of them. During the few mths I was blessed enough to live on Landis, I got to know the feeling of real friends. Up until this point I only had 1 or 2 real friends, and 1 decided she would leave me behind (even though she did give me her job, but I gave it to her first, lol) The friends I made there on Landis more than made up for the people that called them selves my friends but yet broke my heart and saw it fit to continuously hurt me for no reason. I am the type of person I will bend over backwards and give you the world if you need it. There at moments notice and will rarely ask for anything in return. My realtor says I am too trusting, I look at it as everyone deserves a chance. It takes a lot to earn my trust, so I will give you the benefit of a doubt until you show me that it's not worth it. I am a closet bleeding heart, I want to help everyone with everything. So yea, you can see I leave myself open to it, but I still leave my heart open to love anyone that crosses my path.  

So as you can see i am very random, but now you know alittle bit about me. I may post a few things that happened in the past because i am still letting go. So i hope you enjoy, please feel free to comment or make a suggestion. I like hearing opinions and thoughts from a different point of view. So here is to a new year, new base, new job and an ever improving me. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you decided to do this. And reading will give me something to do for the next week or so while I am bed-bound. Miss you tons.

    ~DD

    ReplyDelete